About Us
Established on October 1st, 1951 by Archbishop John J. Mitty, Saint George’s parish has served the people of South Stockton for 75 years. Before this Saint Peter’s Chapel, a mission of Saint Mary’s of the Assumption Parish served this area. The first parish church was an older army barracks of World War II vintage and now serves as the parish’s small hall.
In November of 1952 the first shovel of dirt was turned for the foundation of the new Saint George’s Church. Privately blessed on October 11, 1953, Saint Georges Church would have its formal dedication on February 14, 1954.
Parish Clergy
Fr. Chris Varghese
Parochial Administrator
Rev. Leonardo Del Carmen
Parochial Vicar
Rev. Alvaro Araque
In Residence
Kevin Amen
Deacon
Juan Espinoza
Deacon
Parish Administration Staff
Marie Lou Paulino
Business Manager
Linda Reyes
Director of Religious Education
Noehmi Jauregui
ASA School Principal
Maria Thompson
Secretary
Rosa Nunez
Secretary